12 years ago
Friday, January 2, 2009
2009...Really!?!
Is it really 2009? In one sense 2008 seemed to last forever but it seems to have gone by so quickly. It is true what they say...the older you get the faster time goes by. I am looking forward to this new year. It is always a great time to assess where I am and to determine the changes that I want to make. In the past I have tended to overwhelm myself with all the things that I need to change or things I need to do differently. This year is different. My motto from this day forward is to "find joy in the journey" (I think Pres. Monson said this). The past is gone, tomorrow is not guaranteed, but right now is a blessing. If I strive to find joy in the journey and enjoy the moments that I have, I know that I will be living the way I should and doing those things that are most important and have the most value to me and my family. I wish all of you a wonderful 2009. We are probably in for some difficult times but remember what Christ taught: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment