

I don't know very many parents who have never had the experience of eerie silence in their house. You know what I am talking about - when you are sitting downstairs in the family room watching TV or something and there is no other ambient noise coming from upstairs or anywhere else. That is what I'm calling eerie silence. Normally you hear jumping, crashing, yelling, and the miscellaneous bump or thud. These are common noises when kids are in the house. No noise is so unusual. When things get quiet, you have to get up and investigate. Where are they? what are they doing? and so forth.
Kristin and I had a couple of those moments this past month and this is what we discovered. We caught Conner asleep under his basketball shoot out game. On a different day, we found Tyler asleep on his bed with the book still open to the last page he had been reading. Well at least they weren't tearing up the house!
2 comments:
That is so cute! I was wondering what Conner was asleep under. I love it when my kids are asleep, but I'm also not at that stage of the eerie silence.
Ahhh... The sound of silence - it's nice, isn't it? :)
Post a Comment