
The old saying that "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb" is especially true this year. We seem to have had more rain/snow mix precipitation than I can remember in recent years. We even had one event called "thundersnow" by the local weatherman. It was a snow storm, but had the temperature been above freezing, it would have been a thunderstorm. I was quite astonished to see lightning and hear thunder while the snow was falling. The weather does not seem to have dampered our spring bulbs, however. The crocuses are blooming and the daffodils and tulips are sending up their green shoots - poking sprouting foliage through the earth. Kristin says she always knows it is springtime when she sees little newborn lambs frolicking in a field. There is a rancher down the street from us that raises sheep, and this year the crop of lambs has been bountiful. I do agree wholeheartedly that they sure are cute as they run up and down the fields. Since I don't have a picture, you will have to take my word for it! Kristin also says that spring is here because it's March Madness time! We are eagerly awaiting the tournament selections to see which teams will compete in the NCAA tournament. Most everyone around here knows that March Madness is a holiday in the Mackay home! We'll see who's bracket turns out the best this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment